Re: giving money to gnome

beh@icemark.ch (Benedikt Eric Heinen)  wrote on 21.11.97 in <Pine.LNX.3.96.971121064332.1902F-100000@fenun.icemark.ch>:

> <Letting off a little steam>
>
> 	Sometimes I think it's a pity that some people haven't had
> 	a good Western-European style education. Because in that case
> 	you'd certainly heard the words "ethics", "morals", "piety",
> 	"honesty" and "honor". And you'd know what they mean!
>
> 	Just a hint: These aren't things you can eat!

It's really a pity. Otherwise people would realize that there's absolutely
nothing wrong with giving the money to GNOME. And there's indeed something
wrong with the attitudes on the KDE side.

(Besides - piety? IMHO, that one really doesn't belong in that list. Or at
least that's what my Western-European education tells me.)

> Are you just to blind to see the reason not to support GNOME with *THIS*
> money? Or is it just blissful ignorance?

Or maybe there simply _is_ no good reason not to?

>   If someone gives you money and you use that money to piss him off,
>   he won't give you any money in the future, unless he has no other
>   choice whatsoever!

IT IS NOT KDE WHO IS GIVING US THIS MONEY!

> Does that strike you as somewhat logical (even if just minimally
> logical)?

No, because it doesn't agree with the facts.

>   If not, would you be upset, if you gave me a good portion of money
>   (no strings attached) and I'd use that to publicly humiliate you?

KDE didn't give us any money. JFL did.

We didn't humiliate either KDE or JFL.

Now what was your complaint again?

MfG Kai