Re: Debian + KDE disk

> What higher goal are you talking about? To evangelize the world ...

*yes*.  Why do you think we bothered with the DFSG?  Because freedom
of software is *important* to us.  Sure, we want to produce an
excellent linux distribution -- but we want to produce an excellent
*free* distribution in particular.  That is our chosen challenge, and
distinction; otherwise we're just "trying to outdo redhat" or worse
"trying to outdo slackware" :-)

I think the compromise (taking the donations and using them to produce
a free Qt) is a cool hack.  After all, it's not KDE that's the problem
(it's straight GPL, right, ignoring the conflict with the qt license?)
Qt is what gives us indigestion.  I get the impression that KDE would
gladly switch to a freeqt, or at least optionally use it, just to get
out of these flamewars...

ps.  Is anyone coordinating the FreeQt project?  I have the X and C++
skills, though probably not the run-a-group project skills, and I have
some time off between jobs coming up...